Thursday, December 16, 2010

10 x 10

My first blog of 2010. I'm starting out with a list of songs/albums where I just couldn't stop hitting 'repeat'.  So here goes my list in no particular order (except for #1, it is in the correct place.)

#10 Local Natives- Wide Eyes
The official video does this tune no justice. Here's an link to an in-studio session.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrizNwZ9Bi0


#9 Passion Pit- Moths Wings
I just stumbled on this the other day and I can’t stop listening to it. I do not think this is the official video but its a nice way to enjoy the song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9o8SlyPB84

#8 The Head and the Heart- Lost in My Mind
No official video from these guys so another in-studio session.  Introduced to them by NPR, I was quite surprised I liked it.  It’s quite different than my usual taste but very powerful singing and definitely a song to warm the soul.

#7 Vampire Weekend- Giving up the Gun
Yep, you knew it was coming. 

#6 Yeasayers- Ambling Amp
Oh boy.  I have no explanation for this one?  Other than they make strange videos and and....well I couldn't help but listen to it.

#5 The Heligoats- Fish Sticks
Starts out slow and moves super fast.  The album Goodness Gracious is also packed with other goodies.  It was hard to choose.


#4 Florence + The Machine- Cosmic Love
This album came out in 2009 but I don’t think this single was released until this year.  A beautiful song that came my way courtesy of my beautiful friend Margaret.


#3 Broken Bells- The High Road
A good solid tune


#2 The Temper Trap- Fader
Sweet Disposition- meh, this song?  Holy bezeus! Did this one ever get played out in my rotation.


#1  Mumford and Sons-  Sigh No More (album)
It has been quite some time that I have been fascinated by an entire album from a band.  Another tip of my hat to Margaret who included The Cave on a mixed CD (no we're not in highschool just making up for lost years where I predict we would've been great friends).

 

No comments:

Post a Comment