Thursday, January 3, 2013

Holiday work

The family was up in Ottawa for Thanksgiving and I stopped into a dollar store to twack about.  I found a reusable shopping bag made out of cheap canvas and fell in love with it.  I walked out of the store carrying my new roomy bag.  I sat down later to check out the inner workings of it, created a pattern and set out to recreate.

I found & ordered this neat fabric on Spoonflower (a local company) designed by pennycandy.  The sides and bottom is one piece of thick canvas fabric, the mix tape printed on 
Linen-Cotton Canvas.

My first attempt is below, needs some tweaking to the pattern and I may switch the sides and bottom canvas over to a lighter canvas blend.  The thick canvas was not easy to work with, even with an upgraded needle and thread.  



No comments:

Post a Comment